Thursday, April 14, 2011

....And So This Begins

I took like a 10 year hiatus from blogging. Back before "blogging" was even a word. I figured I'd give it a try again. Hopefully people will just stumble upon this blog. Speaking of, have you checked out http://www.stumbleupon.com/ ? Dude! It's crazy addicting. Thank you Hanna LOL.

Hmmm, not too sure what direction this blog is gonna go. I'll probably talk about random stuff because I'm a Libra and can't ever seem to make up my mind. I think it will lean a lot towards foods, festivals and friends.

Currently I'm waiting at the library to get my taxes done, for FREE! Yep, I wait every year to the last minute to get them done. There is this sweet old lady sitting next to me going on and on about underground parking garages and how they scare her. Ha!

Later on tonight I'm meeting up with my girl Lianna who I haven't seen in like 2 years, omg, for dinner. I'm hoping we can get a table at PePe's. I've been craving fresh real pizza for days. Not that I eat Pizza Hut or Dominos *cringe* but this place is just extra fresh! When I lived in Queens there was a place called Margerita's on Jamaica Ave. You never saw pizza sitting on the shelf because the slices would sell immediately right out of the oven. I used to be a HUGE pizza fan. I judge pizza on the way the sauce tastes, that's first. Then the crust. I'm not into thick crust or extra thin crust. The cheese also can't be salty. For your first visit to any pizza shop you should always get a "plain slice" first, that way you can taste all the elements involved. Then you can go crazy after that!
So back to PePe's Pizzeria. The 1st time I went I was dying to try the famous white clam pizza. It was good, just a bit too salty for me. We also got a pepperoni/sausage mixture. This summer I'm amped to try their tomato pie! So yum! Here is a pic of the white clam pizza:

That crust is perfect! The pies here are huge so come hungry or get pumped for leftovers!
When people ask me what my favorite food is I always say Italian because when I used to say pizza I'd get the eye roll. Well, I'm back to rep'n for pizza. <cheese>

I try to go out to dinner at least once a week. It helps clear my mind. And when the food is great, I'm an extra happy camper. I work many many hours a week so for those 2 hours I get to spend with great people I'm forever grateful!

Thanks for taking the time to read my new blog LOL, I think I'll always close with a pic of the love of my life! -Skandies



No comments:

Post a Comment